Rastatt – Diana factory
Description of the property
This property consists of 5 main sections and some ancillary buildings, built between 1876 and 1975, with building sections listed for preservation. The existing plan envisages reusing the former factory building for residential purposes and to supplement it with at least one new building. The plan contains a mix of attractive flats and apartments in historic premises and a well-thought-out new construction concept integrated into its surroundings, creating a sophisticated residential district in a green setting. Terraces, balconies and roof terraces are planned for the inner courtyard. There will also be sufficient car parking spaces. The former Diana factory is part of a residential and mixed-use area very close to the town centre. It is a 5-minute drive to Rastatt´s train station.
Location and surroundings
Rastatt is a town in Baden-Wuerttemberg about 22 km southwest of Karlsruhe and about 12 km north of Baden-Baden. It is the area’s capital and the biggest town in the Rastatt district and it is a medium-sized centre for the surrounding communities. In the 18th century Rastatt was expanded to create the Baroque residential town of the Margraviate of Baden-Baden, in the 19th century it was a German Confederation fortress and until the late 20th century it was a garrison town. Rastatt has been the location of a Mercedes-Benz car factory since 1992. The town has two direct links to the Basel–Karlsruhe Federal Motorway 5 (A 5). Federal Highways 3 and 36 also pass through the town. Rastatt station is a rail hub, an Intercity stop (Konstanz–Offenburg–Karlsruhe–Stralsund line) on the Karlsruhe–Basel section and the Karlsruhe–Rastatt–Offenburg–Konstanz Interregional Line (Black Forest Line).